Apertis is a Debian derivative distribution geared towards the creation of product-specific images for ARM (both the 32bit ARMv7 and 64-bit ARMv8 versions using the hardfloat ABI) and Intel x86-64 (64-bit) systems.
Apertis v2021.5 is the sixth stable release of the Apertis v2021 stable release flow. Apertis is committed to maintaining the v2021 release stream up to the end of 2022.
This Apertis release is built on top of Debian Buster with several customisations and the Linux kernel 5.10.x LTS series.
Test results for the v2021.5 release are available in the following test reports:
Point releases including all the security fixes accumulated will be published quarterly, up to v2021.7.
- 2019 Q4: v2021dev0
- 2020 Q1: v2021dev1
- 2020 Q2: v2021dev2
- 2020 Q3: v2021dev3
- 2020 Q4: v2021pre
- 2021 Q1: v2021.0
- 2021 Q2: v2021.1
- 2021 Q3: v2021.2
- 2021 Q4: v2021.3
- 2022 Q1: v2021.4
- 2022 Q2: v2021.5
- 2022 Q3: v2021.6
- 2022 Q4: v2021.7
|Apertis v2021.5 images
|ARM 32-bit (U-Boot)
|ARM 64-bit (U-Boot)
|ARM 64-bit (Raspberry Pi)
Apertis v2021 package list
The full list of packages available from the v2021 APT repositories is available here in tab-separated value (TSV) format for easy processing in spreadsheets:
Apertis v2021 repositories
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2021 target development sdk hmi
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2021-security target development sdk hmi
This is a point release in the stable cycle, only security fixes and small changes are appropriate for this release stream.
This release includes the security updates from Debian Buster and the latest LTS Linux kernel on the 5.10.x series.
Deprecations and ABI/API breaks
Apertis Docker images
The Apertis Docker images provide a unified and easily reproducible build environment for developers and services.
As of today, this includes the apertis-base, apertis-image-builder, apertis-package-source-builder, apertis-flatdeb-builder, apertis-documentation-builder, and apertis-testcases-builder, Docker images.
Apertis infrastructure tools
The Apertis v2021 infrastructure repository
provides packages for the required versions of
ostree for Debian Buster:
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/infrastructure-v2021/ buster infrastructure
Image daily builds, as well as release builds can be found at https://images.apertis.org/
Image build tools can be found in the Apertis tools repositories.
The Image build infrastructure document provides an overview of the image building process and the involved services.
- T2896 Crash when initialising egl on ARM target
- T3920 arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config does not work with sysroots installed by
- T5748 System users are shipped in /usr/etc/passwd instead of /lib/passwd
- T5896 sdk-dbus-tools-bustle testcase is failing
- T5900 evolution-sync-bluetooth test fails
- T6024 sdk-dbus-tools-d-feet: folks-inspect: command not found
- T6111 traprain: 7_traprain test failed
- T6292 gettext-i18n: test failed
- T6349 sdk-code-analysis-tools-splint: 3_sdk-code-analysis-tools-splint test failed
- T6366 sdk-cross-compilation: 10_sdk-cross-compilation test failed
- T6768 Fix the kernel command line generation in OSTRee for FIT image
- T6773 HAB testing: the unsigned image may pass validation in several circumstances
- T6795 SabreLite failing to boot due to failing “to start udev Coldplug all Devices”
- T6806 HAB on SabreLite in open state accepts any signed kernel regardless of the signing key
- T7000 DNS resolution does not work in Debos on some setups
- T7512 debos sometimes fails to mount things
- T7721 Fakemachine in debos immediately powers off and hangs in v2021 and v2022dev1 when using UML on the runners
- T7785 DNS over TLS does not work on systemd-resolve
- T7819 newport: test failed
- T7852 Investigate test failure TestGetSourceMount
- T7859 spymemcached: Investigate failing test due to hostname mismatch
- T7872 Error building package ruby-redis on OBS
- T7923 Gitlab pipeline OBS job reported “success” but OBS build was “unresolvable”
- T8175 License scan fails on package texlive-extra
- T8194 ci-license-scan prints final error paragraph in the middle of scan-copyrights output
- T8281 dashboard: gnome-settings-daemon-data incorrectly flagged as missing the git repository
- T8504 LAVA/Phab bridge timeouts
- T8524 grilo: test failed
- T8572 Missing warning on coreutils overwrite
- T8622 Manual testcase results should not have any hyperlink in the LavaPhabridge report page
- T8629 frome: test failed
- T8668 Test apparmor-chaiwala-system does not work properly on OSTree images
- T8683 “firmware: failed to load” logs seen during boot
- T8824 The apertis-flatdeb-mildenhall pipeline is flaky
- T8841 apparmor-ofono: test failed
- T8860 Copyrights in the image licenses.json file contain entries with newlines
- T8874 The firefox-esr package is being failed on OBS
- T8875 Terminal at xfce desktop corrupted after debos call