Apertis is a Debian derivative distribution geared towards the creation of product-specific images for ARM (both the 32bit ARMv7 and 64-bit ARMv8 versions using the hardfloat ABI) and Intel x86-64 (64-bit) systems.
Apertis v2021.6 is the seventh stable release of the Apertis v2021 stable release flow. Apertis is committed to maintaining the v2021 release stream up to the end of 2022.
This Apertis release is built on top of Debian Buster with several customisations and the Linux kernel 5.10.x LTS series.
Test results for the v2021.6 release are available in the following test reports:
Point releases including all the security fixes accumulated will be published quarterly, up to v2021.7.
- 2019 Q4: v2021dev0
- 2020 Q1: v2021dev1
- 2020 Q2: v2021dev2
- 2020 Q3: v2021dev3
- 2020 Q4: v2021pre
- 2021 Q1: v2021.0
- 2021 Q2: v2021.1
- 2021 Q3: v2021.2
- 2021 Q4: v2021.3
- 2022 Q1: v2021.4
- 2022 Q2: v2021.5
- 2022 Q3: v2021.6
- 2022 Q4: v2021.7
|Apertis v2021.6 images|
|Intel 64-bit||minimal||target||base SDK||SDK|
|ARM 32-bit (U-Boot)||minimal|
|ARM 64-bit (U-Boot)||minimal|
|ARM 64-bit (Raspberry Pi)||minimal||target|
Apertis v2021 package list
The full list of packages available from the v2021 APT repositories is available here in tab-separated value (TSV) format for easy processing in spreadsheets:
Apertis v2021 repositories
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2021 target development sdk hmi deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2021-security target development sdk hmi
This is a point release in the stable cycle, only security fixes and small changes are appropriate for this release stream.
This release includes the security updates from Debian Buster and the latest LTS Linux kernel on the 5.10.x series.
In this release minimal support for the new UP Squared 6000 board has been included.
Deprecations and ABI/API breaks
Apertis Docker images
The Apertis Docker images provide a unified and easily reproducible build environment for developers and services.
As of today, this includes the apertis-base, apertis-image-builder, apertis-package-source-builder, apertis-flatdeb-builder, apertis-documentation-builder, and apertis-testcases-builder, Docker images.
Apertis infrastructure tools
The Apertis v2021 infrastructure repository
provides packages for the required versions of
ostree for Debian Buster:
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/infrastructure-v2021/ buster infrastructure
Image daily builds, as well as release builds can be found at https://images.apertis.org/
Image build tools can be found in the Apertis tools repositories.
The Image build infrastructure document provides an overview of the image building process and the involved services.
- Issue #114 ci-package-builder tests fail due to OBS branches not being cleaned up
- Issue #151 sdk-debos-image-building: test failed
- Issue #170 Flatpak: sdk-flatpak-build-helloworld-app test fails on v2021.6 sdk
- Issue #7 Crash when initialising egl on ARM target
- Issue #8 arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config does not work with sysroots installed by
- Issue #9 System users are shipped in /usr/etc/passwd instead of /lib/passwd
- Issue #10 evolution-sync-bluetooth test fails
- Issue #11 traprain: 7_traprain test failed
- Issue #12 gettext-i18n: test failed
- Issue #15 Fix the kernel command line generation in OSTRee for FIT image
- Issue #17 SabreLite failing to boot due to failing “to start udev Coldplug all Devices”
- Issue #22 debos sometimes fails to mount things
- Issue #24 Fakemachine in debos immediately powers off and hangs in v2021 and v2022dev1 when using UML on the runners
- Issue #26 newport: test failed
- Issue #28 Investigate test failure TestGetSourceMount
- Issue #32 Gitlab pipeline OBS job reported “success” but OBS build was “unresolvable”
- Issue #36 dashboard: gnome-settings-daemon-data incorrectly flagged as missing the git repository
- Issue #38 LAVA/Phab bridge timeouts
- Issue #45 Manual testcase results should not have any hyperlink in the LavaPhabridge report page
- Issue #46 frome: test failed
- Issue #58 The apertis-flatdeb-mildenhall pipeline is flaky
- Issue #118 tiny-container-system-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #119 tiny-container-user-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #138 gstreamer1-0-decode: test failed
- Issue #154 sdk-cross-compilation: test failed
- Issue #162 phab-gitlab-bridge duplicate bugs on Phabricator
- Issue #172 apparmor-session-lockdown-no-deny: test failed
- Issue #173 apparmor-tumbler: test failed