Apertis is a Debian derivative distribution geared towards the creation of product-specific images for ARM (both the 32bit ARMv7 and 64-bit ARMv8 versions using the hardfloat ABI) and Intel x86-64 (64-bit) systems.
Apertis v2022.2 is the third stable release of the Apertis v2022 stable release flow. Apertis is committed to maintaining the v2022 release stream up to the end of 2023.
This Apertis release is built on top of Debian Bullseye with several customisations and the Linux kernel 5.15.x LTS series.
Test results for the v2022.2 release are available in the following test reports:
- 2020 Q4: v2022dev0
- 2021 Q1: v2022dev1
- 2021 Q2: v2022dev2
- 2021 Q3: v2022dev3
- 2021 Q4: v2022pre
- 2022 Q1: v2022.0
- 2022 Q2: v2022.1
- 2022 Q3: v2022.2
- 2022 Q4: v2022.3
- 2023 Q1: v2022.4
- 2023 Q2: v2022.5
- 2023 Q3: v2022.6
- 2023 Q4: v2022.7
|Apertis v2022.2 images|
|Intel 64-bit||fixedfunction||hmi||base SDK||SDK|
|ARM 32-bit (U-Boot)||fixedfunction||hmi|
|ARM 64-bit (U-Boot)||fixedfunction|
|ARM 64-bit (Raspberry Pi)||fixedfunction||hmi|
Apertis v2022.2 repositories
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2022 target development sdk
This is a point release in the stable cycle, only security fixes and small changes are appropriate for this release stream.
This release includes the security updates from Debian Bullseye and the latest LTS Linux kernel on the 5.15.x series.
In this release the support for the new UP Squared 6000 board has been included to replace the not longer available MinnowBoard Turbot E3826/E3845. Additionally, LAVA support has also been added in order to run automated tests using the new reference board.
Finally, in an effort to allow developers to check that their changes follow Debian’s best practices, Apertis added a lintian step in its CI with a custom profile. This results in a better developer experience, specially for those new in Apertis.
Deprecations and ABI/API breaks
No known regressions.
No known deprecations.
No known breaks.
Apertis Docker images
The Apertis Docker images provide a unified and easily reproducible build environment for developers and services.
As of today, this includes the
Apertis infrastructure tools
The Apertis v2022 infrastructure repository provides packages for the required versions in Debian Buster:
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/infrastructure-v2022/ buster infrastructure
Image daily builds, as well as release builds can be found at https://images.apertis.org/
The Apertis Image Recipes provides an overview of the image building process and the involved services.
- Issue #70 Follow up FS corruption issue
- Issue #114 ci-package-builder tests fail due to OBS branches not being cleaned up
- Issue #122 aum-offline-upgrade: test failed
- Issue #126 aum-offline-upgrade-signed: test failed
- Issue #127 aum-api: test failed
- Issue #128 aum-ota-api: test failed
- Issue #129 aum-ota-rollback-blacklist: test failed
- Issue #130 aum-rollback-blacklist: test failed
- Issue #134 aum-ota-signed: test failed
- Issue #146 aum-ota-out-of-space: test failed
- Issue #151 sdk-debos-image-building: test failed
- Issue #155 aum-offline-upgrade-branch: test failed
- Issue #178 sanity-check: test failed
- Issue #7 Crash when initialising egl on ARM target
- Issue #8 arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config does not work with sysroots installed by
- Issue #9 System users are shipped in /usr/etc/passwd instead of /lib/passwd
- Issue #12 gettext-i18n: test failed
- Issue #15 Fix the kernel command line generation in OSTRee for FIT image
- Issue #17 SabreLite failing to boot due to failing “to start udev Coldplug all Devices”
- Issue #22 debos sometimes fails to mount things
- Issue #26 newport: test failed
- Issue #28 Investigate test failure TestGetSourceMount
- Issue #30 Error building package ruby-redis on OBS
- Issue #32 Gitlab pipeline OBS job reported “success” but OBS build was “unresolvable”
- Issue #36 dashboard: gnome-settings-daemon-data incorrectly flagged as missing the git repository
- Issue #38 LAVA/Phab bridge timeouts
- Issue #45 Manual testcase results should not have any hyperlink in the LavaPhabridge report page
- Issue #48 Test apparmor-chaiwala-system does not work properly on OSTree images
- Issue #49 “firmware: failed to load” logs seen during boot
- Issue #62 apparmor-ofono: test failed
- Issue #65 Terminal at xfce desktop corrupted after debos call
- Issue #66 Some binaries in the toolchain tarball are huge
- Issue #118 tiny-container-system-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #119 tiny-container-user-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #138 gstreamer1-0-decode: test failed
- Issue #153 apparmor-pipewire: test failed
- Issue #154 sdk-cross-compilation: test failed
- Issue #162 phab-gitlab-bridge duplicate bugs on Phabricator