Apertis is a Debian derivative distribution geared towards the creation of product-specific images for ARM (both the 32bit ARMv7 and 64-bit ARMv8 versions using the hardfloat ABI) and Intel x86-64 (64-bit) systems.
Apertis v2022.3 is the fourth stable release of the Apertis v2022 stable release flow. Apertis is committed to maintaining the v2022 release stream up to the end of 2023.
This Apertis release is built on top of Debian Bullseye with several customisations and the Linux kernel 5.15.x LTS series.
Test results for the v2022.3 release are available in the following test reports:
- 2020 Q4: v2022dev0
- 2021 Q1: v2022dev1
- 2021 Q2: v2022dev2
- 2021 Q3: v2022dev3
- 2021 Q4: v2022pre
- 2022 Q1: v2022.0
- 2022 Q2: v2022.1
- 2022 Q3: v2022.3
- 2022 Q4: v2022.3
- 2023 Q1: v2022.4
- 2023 Q2: v2022.5
- 2023 Q3: v2022.6
- 2023 Q4: v2022.7
|Apertis v2022.3 images|
|Intel 64-bit||fixedfunction||hmi||base SDK||SDK|
|ARM 32-bit (U-Boot)||fixedfunction||hmi|
|ARM 64-bit (U-Boot)||fixedfunction|
|ARM 64-bit (Raspberry Pi)||fixedfunction||hmi|
Apertis v2022.3 package list
The full list of packages available from the v2022.3 APT repositories is available in tab-separated value (TSV) format for easy processing in spreadsheets:
Apertis v2022.3 repositories
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/apertis/ v2022 target development sdk
This is a point release in the stable cycle, only security fixes and small changes are appropriate for this release stream.
This release includes the security updates from Debian Bullseye and the latest LTS Linux kernel on the 5.15.x series.
Deprecations and ABI/API breaks
No known regressions.
No known deprecations.
No known breaks.
Apertis Docker images
The Apertis Docker images provide a unified and easily reproducible build environment for developers and services.
As of today, this includes the
Apertis infrastructure tools
The Apertis v2022 infrastructure repository provides packages for the required versions in Debian Buster:
deb https://repositories.apertis.org/infrastructure-v2022/ buster infrastructure
Image daily builds, as well as release builds can be found at https://images.apertis.org/
The Apertis Image Recipes provides an overview of the image building process and the involved services.
- Issue #114 ci-package-builder tests fail due to OBS branches not being cleaned up
- Issue #122 aum-offline-upgrade: test failed
- Issue #126 aum-offline-upgrade-signed: test failed
- Issue #127 aum-api: test failed
- Issue #128 aum-ota-api: test failed
- Issue #134 aum-ota-signed: test failed
- Issue #146 aum-ota-out-of-space: test failed
- Issue #155 aum-offline-upgrade-branch: test failed
- Issue #169 aum-out-of-space: test failed
- Issue #190 aum-power-cut: test failed
- Issue #203 aum-ota-rollback-blacklist: test failed
- Issue #204 aum-rollback-blacklist: test failed
- Issue #205 devhelp page shows empty data on v2023dev3 SDK
- Issue #211 AUM power cut tests fail on UP Squared 6000 board
- Issue #214 iMX.6: u-boot has a misconfigured mmc order in v2023pre
- Issue #215 Follow up FS corruption issue - part 2
- Issue #217 AUM out of space tests fail on UP Squared 6000 board
- Issue #218 agl-compositor not showing on UP SQUARED 6000 board setup of lilliput display
- Issue #7 Crash when initialising egl on ARM target
- Issue #8 arm-linux-gnueabihf-pkg-config does not work with sysroots installed by
- Issue #9 System users are shipped in /usr/etc/passwd instead of /lib/passwd
- Issue #12 gettext-i18n: test failed
- Issue #15 Fix the kernel command line generation in OSTRee for FIT image
- Issue #17 SabreLite failing to boot due to failing “to start udev Coldplug all Devices”
- Issue #22 debos sometimes fails to mount things
- Issue #26 newport: test failed
- Issue #30 Error building package ruby-redis on OBS
- Issue #32 Gitlab pipeline OBS job reported “success” but OBS build was “unresolvable”
- Issue #36 dashboard: gnome-settings-daemon-data incorrectly flagged as missing the git repository
- Issue #38 LAVA/Phab bridge timeouts
- Issue #45 Manual testcase results should not have any hyperlink in the LavaPhabridge report page
- Issue #48 Test apparmor-chaiwala-system does not work properly on OSTree images
- Issue #49 “firmware: failed to load” logs seen during boot
- Issue #62 apparmor-ofono: test failed
- Issue #65 Terminal at xfce desktop corrupted after debos call
- Issue #66 Some binaries in the toolchain tarball are huge
- Issue #118 tiny-container-system-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #119 tiny-container-user-connectivity-profile: test failed
- Issue #154 sdk-cross-compilation: test failed
- Issue #193 flatpak-run-demo-cli-app: test failed
- Issue #206 AUM rollback tests fail on UP Squared 6000 board
- Issue #210 tiny-container-system-folder-sharing: test failed
- Issue #219 Eclipse-ide-cpp can’t show preview of markdown files (.md)